Friday, February 18, 2011

3 years already



This blog started as a way to help document and track our journey through adoption.


Boo is now 3 years old. Natalie mentioned that we have had her as long as we officially waited for her. My how time flys!


We were able to see Boo's birth mom and her parents just over a week ago. Before that it had been over a year. It was so great to see her and how her life is doing good. Boo went right to her without any of her normal shyness, which really touched me. I do believe there is a connection and i would not have it any other way.



As I look back over the joy we have had the last 3 years and compare it to the heartache and pain of the waiting/working period, I would gladly double the time it took us to get her knowing the joy we have now. It is hard to think what our life was like before she came into it.




I think I will try to post more here. The road of adoption is still there for us. We are still on it. Not that we are looking to adopt again but once you adopt you are on the road and it effects your life.




Boo, even at 3, has vocabulary that most 3 years do not. "Birth mother, Adopting, temple sealing" just to name a few. This is good and we embrace it.


As I have said before...Adoption Rocks!!!

No comments: