Saturday, March 12, 2011

Old Poems but still work

I was going through some of my old hard drives and flash drives. I found a lot of things I had forgotten about.
These 3 poems are part of that. While they are still in the rough first run form I thought I would share them.
Even after 3 years have passed since I wrote these words they still tug at my heart.
4am Feeding

You grasp my finger
In your small hand
(Which is not like mine
Yet it fits.)

You hungrily latch
Your lips on tight,
(Lips not like mine
Yet I make them smile.)

You gurgle then
Grunt your special
Noises, (that I encourage)
Stopping mid gulp to
Open your eyes
(That I did not give you
Yet they reach
Into my soul.)

I hear one small
Word in my
Mind, that settles
In my heart.
This you give to me.
Simply
Dad.
sb

Untitled
Your body did not conceive me.
Yet your mind saw who I was.

I did not physically grow within you
But my soul started then
grew in your heart

It took longer for me to get here
Than you wanted
(We both had growing to do.)
I came when it was time.

I can not speak the words I want,
So I smile and hope you hear

These special words
That are just for you
“Hi MOM!”
sb


Adoption Love moment #2

You have been in our
Prayers for over 3 years.
Hoping you would come.

We see your strength, your love
As you follow your heart.

Few can fully
understand your
Reasons,

Yet He knows
And is smiling
As you place
Your daughter
Into her mothers arms.

We hug, cry,
Melt into each other
The 3 of us
Forever bound
Together
Through the love
We have for
This small wiggling
Bundle.

This moment
Like our arms
Intertwining together
With the power of pure
Unselfish love.
sb


No comments: